- Ph.D., Ecology, (submitted) expected 2015, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
- M.Sc., Ecology, 2011, Ben-Gurion University, Israel (Summa cum laude)
- B.Sc., Life Sciences, 2007, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- 2013 Integrative Ecology Group, Doñana Biological Station, Spain (Funded by The Israel Academy of Science and Humanities).
- 2008 Institute of Biology, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico (Funded by Mexican and Israeli Ministries of Foreign Affairs)
Fellowhips and grants
- 2014 James S. McDonnell Foundation Fellowship for a postdoctoral position.
- 2013 Aharon and Ephraim Katzir Fellowship – The Israel Academy of Science and Humanities.
- 2013 Travel grant for a workshop – Zoological Society of Israel.
- 2012 Chateaubriand Fellowship – The French Scientific Office for Cooperation. (Not taken).
- 2011 The Kreitman Foundation Ph.D. Fellowship.
- 2010 Travel grant for a scientific conference for outstanding M.Sc. students – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Scholarship Committee.
- 2009 Full M.Sc. Fellowship – Albert Katz International School, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
- 2008 Israel-Mexico Bilateral Fellowship for Cultural-Scientific Cooperation – Israeli and Mexican Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
- 2014 Rector Award and Prize for Academic Achievements – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
- 2013 Merav Ziv Award for Excellence in Ecology (Ph.D.) – Ecology Graduate Program, Ben-Gurion University.
- 2012 M.Sc. Summa cum laude
- 2011 Dean Award and Prize for Academic Achievements in M.Sc. – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
- 2011 Best poster presentation (1st place) – The 48th annual meeting of the Zoological Society of Israel, Tel-Aviv.
- 2010 Merav Ziv Award for Excellence in Ecology (M.Sc.) – Ecology Graduate Program, Ben-Gurion University.
- Pilosof S, Greenbaum G (2014) Two approaches for modeling diffusion dynamics in networks of networks. Networks of networks workshop, Göttingen, Germany.
- Pilosof S, Greenbaum G (2014) Disease dynamics in interconnected host networks. SIDEER symposium, Israel.
- Pilosof S, et al. (2014) Host-parasite network structure is associated with community-level immunogenetic diversity. Joint meeting of the British and French ecological societies, Lille, France.
- Pilosof S, et al. (2014) Host-parasite network structure is associated with diversity of an immunogene. Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases 2014, Fort-Collins, CO, USA.
- Pilosof S, Fortuna M, Krasnov B (2013) Temporal dynamics of direct-reciprocal and indirect effects in a host-parasite network, 11th International Mammalogical Congress 2013, Belfast, UK.
- Pilosof S, Korine C, Krasnov BR (2011) First evidence of water contamination effects on the immune response of an Israeli bat (Pipistrellus kuhlii), 48th meeting of the Zoological Society of Israel, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- Pilosof S, Korine C, Krasnov BR (2010) The possible effect of water pollution on patterns of infestation of bats by ectoparasites, 2nd Berlin Bat Meeting, Berlin, Germany.
- Pilosof S, Muñoz-García A, Pinshow B, Herrera- Montalvo LG (2010) Variability in urine concentration and fecal water content of bats in a tropical deciduous forest, The Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology, Seattle, USA.
- Pilosof S, Korine C, Krasnov BR (2009) The possible effect of water pollution on patterns of infestation of bats by ectoparasites, 46th meeting of the Zoological Society of Israel, Haifa, Israel.
- Guest editor for Israel Journal of Ecology and Evolution – a special feature on The use of evolutionary theory to explain cultural phenomena.
- Reviewer for academic journals, (including Ecology Letters and Oikos)
- Member of the organizing committee of the 2012 annual symposium of the Swiss Institute for Dryland Environmental and Energy Research (www.bgu.ac.il/sideergrads)
- 2010 Ben-Gurion University of the Negev – graduate student instructor for Conservation Genetics. Given by Dr. Shirli Bar-David.
- 2009 Ben Gurion University of the Negev, University of Bristol – graduate student instructor for The Biology of Desert Dwelling Bats. Coordinated by Dr. Carmi Korine and Dr. Marc Holderied.